THE LOAN PROCESS/
We have a streamlined process for obtaining a loan from Jewish Free Loan Toronto.
Here is an overview of how the process works:
- Most loans will require guarantors.
- Fill out the application form, the Income & Expenses form & the Promissory Note.
- Have your guarantors (if applicable) complete the guarantor forms and sign the Promissory Note.
- Email the documents to email@example.com
- Be sure to retain ALL THE ORIGINAL documents as they will be required before we can release a cheque.
- JFLT will call or email you in the event that an item is missing.
- Your guarantors will be contacted, usually by phone, to confirm their eligibility and willingness to co-sign the loan.
- JFLT will call or email you to confirm a time for an interview with two JFLT volunteers. (Note – our meetings are usually bi-monthly on Tuesday evenings between 7:15pm – 8:00 pm in the Lipa Green Building)
- After your interview, the Loan Committee will decide if your loan is approved.
- JFLT will inform you of the decision the next morning.
- JFLT takes repayment through pre-authorized debit.
- When you pick up your cheque, you will have to bring in a blank cheque or bank form detailing the account from which payment should be withdrawn.
- You will need to start repaying your loan within 30 days of receiving it.
- Repayments can only be made by direct electronic funds transfer (we withdraw funds from your bank account)